Skip to main content

Kidoya Ramen @ Tankung Tokong, Penang


Kidoya Ramen @ Tanjung Tokong, Penang

Closed on Wednesday

If you are tight in budget and couldn't afford the expensive ramen in other places, have a try before the promotion end.The ramen is so cheap during the promotion period, only RM9.90. I think the promotion is still on since Japanese and Korean restaurant is so competitive around that area. I would say the portion is really worth for the money and it will definitely fill out your tummy. 

I bumped into this restaurant while we had no idea what to eat and were so hungry at 4pm.


Don't expect too much for the taste though since the selling price is much more cheaper than others like Edo Ichi. Personally think that compare to Zanmai Sushi or Sushi King, ramen here is better, in term of taste and money. Truly, it is very hard to find good Ramen in Penang.

 I am pretty fussy with the soup. If the soup meant to be warm, please make it warm!


Can't remember how much we paid for saba fish but it was cheap too, around RM 19 to RM 23 for a set meal. Big portion and big fish and that's enough to feed Ah Boy and to make him happy. Again don't expect too much for the taste, at least cheap and edible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cintan Mee Recipe ( Stir Fry Noodles ) 炒金旦面

Cintan Mee - The Ding Dong Mee


I love Cintan Mee so much, whether it is stir-fried with tomyam or soy sauce. I 'developed' this dish from an old kopitiam in my hometown which used to be famous of Cintan Mee. The shop was owned by an old couple but they closed the shop when I was in Year 5? Oh it was long time ago! Everyone miss their cintan mee. 
Thank god for gifted me such a good tongue and I made it!!! The taste is similar but the method of preparing is differ from the old couple. Also, I skip some ingredients to make it easy and simple. 

My sister loves it because she misses it so much as she was away from home for so many years. I remembered when I was in primary school and she came back from oversea, she will ask me to take away for her and she wanted it dry ( less sauce compare to the wet one). I could see she enjoys this dish so much whenever I cooked.



Sadly I don't have any photo of how was the noodles looked. I really miss it. So why I said my cooking method is diffe…

Yen Seafood Restaurant @ Batu Kawan, Penang

SEAFOOD Dinner @ Yen Seafood Restaurant


A hidden seafood restaurant in Batu Kawan surrounded by palm plantation which is located not far from the Penang Second Bridge. It has two dining area: air-conditional indoor and fresh-air outdoor. Plenty of car parks and dining tables. However, it is advisable to book during the weekend.



What's make so many people come here for food??? Because the price is cheap and reasonable??? You can see some alive fishes, crabs and mantis shrimps at the left side of the restaurant.
Steamed fish
http://instagram.com/p/mw_ZnlzAwR/
I would like to skip the comment about the sauce because nothing special and very light in taste. However, the flesh was indeed very fresh and heaps!!! We struggled to finish the whole fish because it was very huge and this dish came out last. I wonder why it came out last??? This dish should come out in the middle because it is good to go with rice...
Deep Fried Squid (SOTONG)
Uhmm...... I can't taste and feel the squid. Was it t…

Bee Hooi Cafe @ Pulau Tikus, Penang

What to eat at Bee Hooi Cafe/kopitiam? 
1. Char Hor Fan ( Flat-wide Rice Noodles with Gravy )
2. Chicken Porridge
3. Duck Egg Char Kuey Tiao ( Stir Fry Flat Rice Noodles with Duck Egg )


My first time here was just a coincident stop-by a random kopitiam to take away supper. There sells quite a selection of food even though not as variety as the food court of course. However you can find some good food here! Well, the best and my favourite is still the 'Char Hor Fan'!
Char Hor Fan I ordered the Char Hor Fan since I haven't eaten for awhile. I was so excited when I had the first spoon - the taste that I missed > The Authentic Taste! The sauce didn't overwhelm the flavour of stir fry noodles. You can still taste the wok taste and the noodle wasn't so oily too. The stall are owned by an old couple. I wish they could teach me how to cook this. RM5 for a plate of Char Hor Fun.

Not just the flat rice noodles, they also stir fry it with a little bit of vermicelli. Some people d…