Skip to main content

K Pot - Korean Fusion Cuisine @ Prima Tanjung, Tanjung Tokong, Penang韩 国料理

K Pot - Korean Fusion Cuisine in Prima Tanjung, Penang

Cosy little Korean Restaurant ~ Closed on Thursday

Whenever a cuisine or a dish move to another country, there must be some modification to suit the local taste. K pot restaurant is one of them. So, many local Penangnite and even neighbourhood Korean love to visit to this restaurant. Other than that, their food quality is consistent and their customer service is good. The husband and wife owners are very lovely and friendly even though they can't speak English well.  

http://theflavoursomejourney.blogspot.com/

I would say averagely colleagues and me will visit here once every month for lunch. It was firstly introduced by one my colleague which is a Korean fans. After that, most of the people we brought there love their food. 


For Korean, side dish is part of the traditional food where you must know as a women or a chef.  If a women can make good and many side dish, yeah you can marry this women. Not sure whether it is still applied today?  


For those who can't stand the sourness of kimchi, you can try their kimchi which is less sour and more acceptable for new eater.


However as you can see from the picture, K Pot side dishes are always the same and 3 types only which are egg, broccoli and kimchi. Even though there are not much variation of side dishes, you can always refill. They are so generous to refill for you and the portion is heaps! So do let them know if you just want to refill a bit. Okay? DON'T WASTE THE FOOD especially KIMCHI and EGG.


As you can see their Sundubu Jjigae  (Korean Soft Tofu Stew) is a bit different from others traditional one but I love it! The soup is more to cloudy, thick, sweet and very warm ( I am very particular with the soup, if the soup meant to be warm, please make it warm). When I first time having this, I wonder was it really a Sundubu Jjigae or something else? Anyway I adapt the taste really fast and It becomes one of my favourite lists dining here. 


Beef Top Rice is another favourite list of mine. The quality and taste is not so consistent for this dish, at least it does make feel me feel satisfy most of time. Whenever I crave for beef, then I will order this. I hardly take beef since I came back from Melbourne a year ago because local Chinese culture here don't usually take beef. No wonder I always feel dizzy because low in iron. Ops excuses to eat more beef!    


Kimchi Fried Rice is one of my colleague's favourite and she will only order this when she dine in in any Korean Restaurant. She is fussy in a way that she prefer simple meal. So, she will request no pork, no onion and no spring onion. Even the Korean female owner of the shop can remember hers order: Only kimchi, egg and seaweed? And how's the food look like in the picture? Without those spring onion and pork, isn't it still look delicious with yellowish sunny egg?


I do crave for Korean Pancake once in awhile. Their pancake is a bit savoury and thin. I like to dip it with the salty & sourish sauce. It used to be one of my favourite snack when catching up with friends in Korean Restaurant. I will only this when someone is willing to share with me because I couldn't finish all by my own. 

You'd probably feel full having the main meal, but still feel like wanted to have something refreshing. You can go for Baby Patbingsu and share with your friends. It is a ice shaving dessert top with red bean, fruits, condensed milk, nuts etc. Similar like our Malaysian ice kacang. This is definitely not as good compare to those commercial one such as Caffe Bene in Gurney Paragon. No harm to give it a try. You may like it!

MASITSSOYO! IT'S DELICIOUS! 


I love eating here at K Pot because:
  1. The owners are really nice. 
  2. You can refill the side dish until you full.
  3. The price for food and portion is so reasonable with NO GST!  
  • Sundubu Jjigae             RM 16
  • Beef Top Rice              RM16
  • Kimchi Fried Rice         RM16 
  • Baby Patbingsu            RM 3.90
Thus, my jeans are really tight each time after meal. 

*Note : Friday lunch time is always full house. Go early, wait, pre-book or you are lucky enough to get a sit!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stir Fry Clams Recipe with Fermented Soy Beans - lala 蛤蜊炒豆酱

Lala, one of my favourite mom's home-cook food. I hardly order this when I eat out in a restaurant because I am fussy about the taste and the freshness. M om's one is the BEST in quality and definitely the freshness.   Whenever I go back to home town, Yan Kecil in Kedah; I always look for seafood to eat especially clam and crabs!  I will hunt for them when I cycled around in the fish village . Otherwise I will ask my mom whether she can get it from the fishmonger in the market .  Initially I was looking for the harder, longer shape's clams but only this small type of clam so called 'lala' was available in the market during the Hari Raya day.  It was only sold for RM3/kilo in the marke t and more than enough to feed us for lunch and dinner. Seafood is so much cheaper to eat and fresh in home town.  The flesh is really small. So you have to be patient , take the flesh out one by one. Therefore some people don't like to eat them but I enjoy it so

Cintan Mee Recipe ( Stir Fry Noodles ) 炒金旦面

Cintan Mee - The Ding Dong Mee I love Cintan Mee so much, whether it is stir-fried with tomyam or soy sauce. I 'developed' this dish from an old kopitiam in my hometown which used to be famous of Cintan Mee. The shop was owned by an old couple but they closed the shop when I was in Year 5? Oh it was long time ago! Everyone miss their cintan mee.  Thank god for gifted me such a good tongue and I made it!!! The taste is similar but the method of preparing is differ from the old couple. Also, I skip some ingredients to make it easy and simple.  My sister loves it because she misses it so much as she was away from home for so many years. I remembered when I was in primary school and she came back from oversea, she will ask me to take away for her and she wanted it dry ( less sauce compare to the wet one). I could see she enjoys this dish so much whenever I cooked. Sadly I don't have any photo of how was the noodles looked. I really miss it. So why I

Steam Okra / Lady Fingers Recipe 蒸羊角豆

Okra:Simple and Healthy The preparation is very easy to go and save you a lot of time. My family loves this simple and healthy dish. Light and not oily. I used to dislike this vegetable because of its sticky mucous-liked texture. Once you used to it, you will love okra! Okra is sold very cheap in Malaysia. It contains good source of fiber, vitamin C and folate. You can get 12 okra in a pack for only RM1. It is also easy to plant in warm tropical area. Ingredients 1 pack okra ( 10-15 okras, depends on size) 1 tbsp fried garlic 1 tbsp soy sauce Directions 1. Steam the okra for 5-7 minutes on top of the rice in a rice cooker ( When the rice is almost cooked).     Alternative ways :  Cook it in a steamer for 5 mins. Steam in a pot for 5-7 mins. Cook in a boiling water pot for 3 mins. 2. Take it out from the rice cooker.  3. Spread the fried garlic and soy sauce on top of the dish. It is ready to serve! Note: Most of the Chinese back