Skip to main content

The Marshmallow @ Huey and Wah, Penang 棉花糖专卖店

Huey and Wah, Penang The idea of marshmallow......

Their marshmallow is good, not too sweet for me. Soft, spongy and melting marshmallow on the tongue.

So good to see local made gourmet food in Penang. They sell variety flavours of marshmallow such as vanilla, lemon, rose, chocolate, salted caramel, coffee and passionfruit in 3 different packaging. Other than that, they also sell coffee, tea, jams, biscuits and sweet tooth ~ Their current shop is in Strait Quay Penang since 2011/2012 till end of April 2014 which is today! They are going to relocate to town area in Bellisa Row, Pulau Tikus, hopefully the shop will be ready by May.



As you can see above, they do not display much of their products. It may due to their short shelf life as they claimed they 'used the finest ingredient', 'made it from scratch' and most importantly 'no artificial colour, flavouring and preservatives'. Besides their products are not vacuum packed. Thus they only recommend to be best consumed within 2-3 weeks. Well of course it is a bit more pricey but we should really appreciate gourmet food and made by local. Testing is available if you want to have a try.


Love their simple and clear labelling with ingredients list and directions used/stored. You can find Huey and Wah products now in Cold Storage in Gurney Plaza and The Big Group in KL. I am not sure about other places but I can see they are growing big.

                                    

Sorry the image is a bit blurred. The second rack is the honey graham crackers (RM12.90/Pack) and the bottom is power cookies (RM9.90/Pack). Not sure how they taste like but you can go for a try and let me know.        
                                                                                                            
They have this cheesy toastie set promotion for RM9 which has cheese toast, baked egg and pickle.


Their sweet tooth - cakes, cupcakes brownies etc. The sweets may not be the same everyday.


Another promotion for teatime- '30% off for any cake/brownie/pastry on counter with every beverage ordered from menu 2pm to 7pm daily. 


The food I bought
I bought a cup of take away mocha and a piece of yellow submarine cake. The drinks was okay. It just took me quite awhile waiting for the coffee and I was the only customer. Anyway, at least the drink didn't pull me down. A suggestion of me to Huey and Wah : the staffs may need to practice more on making coffee because who know their new cafe is going to fill with people having sweet and waiting for coffee. 

The yellow submarine cake has a piece of lemon-passionfruit marshmallow sit in the middle of the sponge cake and coated with icing outside. I can't really taste lemon-passionfruit flavour in the marshmallow maybe because of the flavour of sponge cake and icing had covered it. Or maybe they flavoured the icing sugar and sponge cake with lemon-passionfruit flavour. 


Aha, the cake taste better when I dipped it in the coffee. Love it! Still prefer my marshmallow in the hot drinks.

Menu of the Huey and Wah.

For more information, check it out their website at http://hueynwah.my/

Comments

  1. Just to update Huey and wah is still opening in strait quays till 10th of May 2014.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stir Fry Clams Recipe with Fermented Soy Beans - lala 蛤蜊炒豆酱

Lala, one of my favourite mom's home-cook food. I hardly order this when I eat out in a restaurant because I am fussy about the taste and the freshness. M om's one is the BEST in quality and definitely the freshness.   Whenever I go back to home town, Yan Kecil in Kedah; I always look for seafood to eat especially clam and crabs!  I will hunt for them when I cycled around in the fish village . Otherwise I will ask my mom whether she can get it from the fishmonger in the market .  Initially I was looking for the harder, longer shape's clams but only this small type of clam so called 'lala' was available in the market during the Hari Raya day.  It was only sold for RM3/kilo in the marke t and more than enough to feed us for lunch and dinner. Seafood is so much cheaper to eat and fresh in home town.  The flesh is really small. So you have to be patient , take the flesh out one by one. Therefore some people don't like to eat them but I enjoy it so

Cintan Mee Recipe ( Stir Fry Noodles ) 炒金旦面

Cintan Mee - The Ding Dong Mee I love Cintan Mee so much, whether it is stir-fried with tomyam or soy sauce. I 'developed' this dish from an old kopitiam in my hometown which used to be famous of Cintan Mee. The shop was owned by an old couple but they closed the shop when I was in Year 5? Oh it was long time ago! Everyone miss their cintan mee.  Thank god for gifted me such a good tongue and I made it!!! The taste is similar but the method of preparing is differ from the old couple. Also, I skip some ingredients to make it easy and simple.  My sister loves it because she misses it so much as she was away from home for so many years. I remembered when I was in primary school and she came back from oversea, she will ask me to take away for her and she wanted it dry ( less sauce compare to the wet one). I could see she enjoys this dish so much whenever I cooked. Sadly I don't have any photo of how was the noodles looked. I really miss it. So why I

Steam Okra / Lady Fingers Recipe 蒸羊角豆

Okra:Simple and Healthy The preparation is very easy to go and save you a lot of time. My family loves this simple and healthy dish. Light and not oily. I used to dislike this vegetable because of its sticky mucous-liked texture. Once you used to it, you will love okra! Okra is sold very cheap in Malaysia. It contains good source of fiber, vitamin C and folate. You can get 12 okra in a pack for only RM1. It is also easy to plant in warm tropical area. Ingredients 1 pack okra ( 10-15 okras, depends on size) 1 tbsp fried garlic 1 tbsp soy sauce Directions 1. Steam the okra for 5-7 minutes on top of the rice in a rice cooker ( When the rice is almost cooked).     Alternative ways :  Cook it in a steamer for 5 mins. Steam in a pot for 5-7 mins. Cook in a boiling water pot for 3 mins. 2. Take it out from the rice cooker.  3. Spread the fried garlic and soy sauce on top of the dish. It is ready to serve! Note: Most of the Chinese back